This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WardrobeSolutions #CollectiveBias
It’s finally summer in Seattle and I’m officially obsessed with wearing all the beautiful trends in my closet: off the shoulder tops, flares, and airy shirt dresses. But summer fashion definitely leaves room for some potential wardrobe malfunctions… and to be truly stylish we need the tools to quickly fix those uh-oh scenarios.
So like a good little fashionista I put together Wardrobe Emergency Kit using Scotch Essentials from Target. My kit got some mad crazy love from you guys in the instagram comments so I’m excited to share a full tutorial/shopping list with you here!
Wardrobe Emergency Kit Tutorial
Step 1: Make A List
- Zippered Pouch
- To keep your emergency kit cute & organized.
- Scotch™ Essentials Adjustable Hem Tape
- Perfect for taking your flares from high-heel-height to a flats-appropriate length and back again! I also love the adjustable hem tape for fixing “button gap” on my shirts & keeping the bow in place on my cute off the shoulder top… this stuff has unlimited uses!
- Scotch™ Essentials Permanent Hem Bonding Strips
- Fix an unraveling hem or permanently shorten your pant hem in seconds (with no sewing know how!).
- Scotch™ Essentials White Mark Eraser
- Because summer = deodorant marks on your cute black top. Problem solved!
- Scotch™ Essentials Lint Lifting Pocket Packs
- A flat/portable alternative to a traditional lint roller.
- Travel Sewing Kit
- Just in case you lose a button!
- Nude Bandages
- To save you from those cute shoe blisters.
- Extra Tampons
- You might as well. Your friends will love you for it 😉
- Travel Deodorant
- I’m sure you smell lovely but it IS summer so… just in case.
Step 2: Head To Target
Grab your list and make a trip to Target to gather the supplies. The Scotch™ Essentials are located near the sewing & laundry supplies (look for the pretty blue packaging!). If you’re anything like me you’ll also end up walking out with 10 other things that weren’t even on your list, because Target is
shopping crack magic.
Step 3: Zip It Up
Simply put all of your supplies into the zippered pouch, throw it into your tote, and you’re officially immune from summer fashion emergencies! To save room you can take your Scotch Essentials out of the packaging, but I’d recommend leaving the permanent hem tape packaged so you don’t get them mixed up with the adjustable hem tape. My kit has already come in handy on multiple occasions, including sharing some supplies with friends at work #girlpoints.
Pick up your wardrobe emergency kit at Target & save $1 on any Scotch Wardrobe Essentials with this coupon (expires 9/2/16). Check out Target’s social hub for even more great ideas on using these awesome products.
What are your best wardrobe emergency tips & tricks? Let me know in the comments!